Asia-Pacific Data Centers
Expand. Evolve. Grow on Platform Equinix ›
Gain transformative access to all your people, locations, clouds and data with our expanding global footprint.
Equinix Data Centers in Asia and Australia
Asia-Pacific is growing faster and has brighter long-term economic prospects than any global region. It hosts 4 of the top 5 fastest-growing world economies1 and is projected to be home to 4 of the top 5 largest economies by the year 20502. Asia-Pacific is “the growth engine of the global economy,” according to the International Monetary Fund, and there’s no better place to enter, establish or expand your business in Asia-Pacific than with Equinix.
We’ve strategically sited 40 of our data centers throughout Asia-Pacific, including in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan and Singapore.
Features & Benefits of Equinix IBX® Data Centers
- A total of 117,000+ square meters (1,269,000+ square feet) of colocation space in Australia and Asia
- 2,100+ customers, 370+ data networks and 690+ cloud and IT service providers
- World-class reliability, physical security and operational excellence: N+1 redundancy and >99.9999% uptime
- State of the art colocation facilities that are certified compliant with SSAE16 and ISO/IEC 27001 standards for information security management systems
- Access to Asia’s thriving banking, commerce, manufacturing and telecommunications marketplaces
- Carrier-dense hubs and top Internet exchange points
- A commitment to maximum energy efficiency and sustainability, including the use of indirect evaporative coolers at our Melbourne ME1 and Sydney SY4 facilities in Australia as well as a solar energy system that powers non-essential operations at SG3 in Singapore
- Facilities that received Frost & Sullivan’s 2014 and 2015 Asia Pacific Data Center Green Innovation Leadership Award
Meeting Demand for Interconnection
Business demands have combined with technological advances to exponentially increase what people expect from connectivity throughout Asia-Pacific and around the world.
- Companies now require on-demand, simultaneous interconnection with globally dispersed partners just to execute basic business tasks.
- Social and mobile users are accustomed to immediate, high-quality service at the speed of touch, no matter where they are or what device they’re using.
- More people are connected on more devices than ever. The number of tablets for home and work is expected to triple globally between 2012 and 2017 to 905 million3. The number of smartphone users is expected to pass 2.5 billion globally by 2018, with more than 700 million of them in China alone4.
1 Bloomberg • 2 The Economist • 3 Forrester • 4 eMarketer
Services Available Inside Asia-Pacific Data Centers
Companies use Performance Hub to match the mobility of their end users and extend IT to the edge of their network or wherever the market leads.
By offering direct connections to multiple cloud services from a single port, the exchange lets companies access exactly the computing power they need, when they need it. Cloud Exchange is available throughout Asia-Pacific in Tokyo, Osaka, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne. And it directly connects to either the Amazon Web Services, Oracle Cloud or Microsoft Azure cloud platforms in all six markets.
Our Solution Validation Centers (SVCs) help companies deploy interconnection oriented architectures with speed and confidence. SVCs lower the risks of complex deployments by enabling organizations to first test them in a real-world setting. Our Global Solutions Architects work with customers at SVCs to quickly turn concepts into reality. Equinix operates Solution Validation Centers in five markets in Asia-Pacific, including Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong, Osaka and Tokyo.