October 7, 2015
Equinix Serves Growing Demand for Interconnection with New Data Center in Dallas
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it will open a new International Business Exchange (IBX®) data center in Dallas later this year. The new IBX, called DA7, will support growing demand for interconnection in the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area, one of Equinix's most network-dense locations.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Equinix will invest approximately $20 million in the DA7 facility, which includes an intial phase of 300 cabinets with 800 additional cabinets expected by Q2 2016. At full build the site will have approximately 40,000 sq ft of total colocation space and Equinix's total Dallas footprint will exceed 214,000 square feet of colocation space across six data centers.
- Four of Equinix's existing five Dallas data centers are located within the Dallas Infomart, a 1.6M square foot building with multiple diverse fiber entry points into the building. With close proximity to the Infomart, DA7 will offer connectivity to 275+ customers including leading network and cloud service providers, as well as the Equinix Cloud Exchange™.
- A Fortune 100 global manufacturing company has committed to 200 cabinets or almost 1 MW of the initial phase of DA7 to support connectivity to Microsoft Azure via the Equinix Cloud Exchange. This deployment enables the customer to meet its changing IT needs by driving innovation in the cloud.
- According to a recent report by industry analyst firm Forrester entitled, "The Total Economic Impact™ of Equinix Interconnection Solutions," organizations are able to reduce data center space requirements and avoid future data center investments by pursuing a cloud strategy with Equinix. The report also states that high-speed connectivity and secure connections to cloud and network service providers near large user bases generates millions in incremental revenue by enabling new product opportunities.
- Equinix's Dallas data centers house over 100 network service providers – more than any other data center providers or buildings in the Dallas metro area – providing network choice and connectivity for 40+ cloud service providers and 30 content and digital media companies including Adobe, AOL, AT&T, China Telecom, Cisco Systems, Comcast, Cox Communications, Level 3 Communications, Sprint, Tata, TeliaSonera, Telefonica, Time Warner Cable, Walmart, XO Communications and Zayo.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange, an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple networks and clouds, including Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute, is available in the Dallas metro. The Equinix Cloud Exchange gives cloud consumers direct access to the services they need to build sophisticated hybrid cloud solutions.
- Sophia Vargas, infrastructure & operations analyst, Forrester Research:
"To compete in the age of the customer, I&O organizations need to break away from the traditional mindset of defaulting to a location that is convenient to their workforce and instead consider locations that will deliver the best service to their customers. Selecting a new data center site has thus evolved from a tactical to strategic decision."
- Karl Strohmeyer, president, Americas, Equinix:
"We have seen tremendous growth in the Dallas market and DA7 will give businesses increased flexibility to support their ever-changing IT needs. This includes businesses who need greater flexibility due to business drivers such as the Internet of Things and big data."
- Equinix Reinforces Peering Leadership with Increased Port Speeds [press release]
- Equinix Sees Continued Momentum at Newest Dallas Data Center [press release]
- When it Comes to Dallas, We Go Way Back [blog]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 33 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
 "Strategically Locate Your Next Data Center," Forrester Research, Inc., October 9, 2014.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contacts, Liam Rose, +1 (650) 598-6590, email@example.com or Alisa Davis, Golin, for Equinix, +1 (415) 350-4339, firstname.lastname@example.org or Equinix Investor Relations Contact: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com