November 30, 2015
Equinix joins the American Business Act on Climate Pledge
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec. 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced it has joined the American Business Act on Climate Pledge, joining more than 140 companies from across the American economy that are standing with the Obama Administration to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to climate action and to voice support for a strong outcome to this week's COP21 Paris climate negotiations.
Launched earlier this year, the American Act on Climate Pledge is a commitment from hundreds of private companies, local governments, and foundations who have stepped up to increase energy efficiency, boost low-carbon investing, and make solar energy more accessible. Accelerating the transition to a low-carbon economy will produce multiple benefits with regard to sustainable economic growth, public health, resilience to natural disasters, and the health of the global environment.
Equinix's Act on Climate Pledge
To demonstrate Equinix's commitment to reducing our impact on global climate change, we pledge to:
- Continue our efforts towards operating our portfolio of data centers using 100 percent clean and renewable energy;
- Be transparent in our reporting of our environmental impacts through respected agencies;
- Design, build, and operate efficiently in order to reduce our consumption of all resources, including electricity, water, natural gas, diesel, and refrigerants;
- Increase our investment in upgrades, retrofits, and replacements of old or inefficient equipment to enable demand savings and additional reductions in our carbon footprint;
- Build to a minimum of USGBC LEED Silver Standards (or regional equivalents) globally (23 currently);
- Track our performance using U.S. Energy Star for Data Centers (or regional equivalents) and strive for facility certification (6 U.S. recertifications for 2015 currently);
- Play an active role in the greening of our industry by promoting the use of innovative, clean and renewable technologies through collaboration and advocacy with our customers, peers, utility providers, and other interested parties.
To read Equinix's full Climate Pledge, please click here: http://blog.equinix.com/2015/11/equinix-joins-the-american-business-act-on-climate-pledge/.
- Sam Kapoor, chief global operations officer:
"With over 100 data centers around the globe Equinix has a responsibility to power the digital world in a sustainable way. Our pledge today is another commitment to help make our long-term goal of operating our portfolio of data centers using 100 percent clean and renewable energy a reality."
- Equinix Signs Power Purchase Agreements that Bring its North American Data Centers to 100% Renewable Energy [press release]
- Equinix Recognized by EPA for Leading Green Power Use [press release]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 33 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. http://www.equinix.com/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contacts (Americas), Liam Rose, +1 (650) 598-6590, email@example.com, or Golin for Equinix, Alisa Davis, +1 (415) 318-4339, firstname.lastname@example.org; Equinix Media Contacts (EMEA), Antonella Crimi, +44 (0)20 7634 4022, Antonella.Crimi@eu.equinix.com, or APCO Worldwide for Equinix, Mitch Henderson, +44 (0)207.526.3626, email@example.com; Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, email@example.com