June 23, 2016
Equinix Awarded 2016 Frost & Sullivan Asia-Pacific ICT Award for Data Center Service Provider of the Year
HONG KONG, June 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company today announced that it has been awarded the 2016 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific ICT Award for Data Center Service Provider of the Year. Equinix was specifically recognized for its market-leading revenue growth and commitment to expanding its services in the region, as well as its commitment to sustainability.
- Equinix was named Data Center Service Provider of the Year based on four key criteria: revenues and revenue growth, regional presence, initiatives and achievements, regional and global footprint, and commitment to innovation, specifically around green technology. The award also recognizes Equinix for its exemplary performance in the region in the past year.
- With growing demand for an Interconnection Oriented Architecture (IOA™), data center facilities and managed services from the enterprise, financial services, network operators, cloud and IT sectors, Asia-Pacific is a key region for Equinix and a desired location for cloud service providers and major multinational organizations.
- With 28 data centers strategically sited throughout Asia-Pacific - including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan and Singapore - Equinix's International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers offer access to Asia's thriving banking, commerce, manufacturing and telecommunications marketplaces.
- Equinix has a total of over 108,000 square meters (1,160,000+ square feet) of colocation space in the region, serving more than 1,450 customers, 350 networks, and 540 cloud and IT service providers.
- In March of this year, Equinix announced the opening of its latest IBX data center in the Japanese capital, Tokyo, known as TY5. The new $43 million facility supports strong demand from local and global enterprises, including financial services firms, cloud and content providers, that are increasingly relying on data center colocation and interconnection services in Tokyo. This comes as part of a global plan to open four new IBX data centers this year in Dallas, São Paulo, Sydney and Tokyo, to create more capacity for global companies to connect to their partners, customers and employees.
- Equinix is committed to maximum energy efficiency and sustainability in Asia-Pacific, including the use of indirect evaporative coolers at the ME1 facility in Melbourne and a solar energy system that powers non-essential operations at SG3 in Singapore. It was awarded Frost & Sullivan's 2014 and 2015 Asia Pacific Data Center Green Innovation Leadership Award in recognition of this work.
- Winnie Wong, Research Analyst, Digital Transformation – Cloud and Data Center, Asia Pacific, Frost & Sullivan:
"As the leading global interconnection and data center provider, Equinix continues to invest in the development of solutions such as Cloud Exchange and Data Hub, enabling its wide customer base to better serve the changing needs of businesses across the Asia Pacific region. The expansion of its data center footprint in Singapore, Australia and Tokyo, as well as the recent acquisitions of Telecity and Bit-isle, will provide customers and cloud service providers in the region with private, direct connection and access to Equinix Cloud Exchange. Equinix has continued to push forward to become the leader in Interconnection."
- Samuel Lee, president, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
"Equinix is delighted to be the recipient of this award from Frost & Sullivan. It is a true acknowledgement that our continued investment and growth in the region is having a real impact on our customers. It also highlights the central role Equinix is playing in advancing the digital economy in the interconnected era and accelerating growth for vendors and end-users."
Equinix Receives Frost & Sullivan Green Innovation Leadership Award for Second Year Running
Equinix Reports First Quarter 2016 Results
Equinix Opens New Data Center in Tokyo
Equinix to Launch Four New Data Centers, Globally, to Further Advance IT Transformation in the Interconnected Era
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.