January 11, 2017
Beeks Financial Cloud Joins Equinix Cloud Exchange to Continue Global Expansion
Forex industry leader to accelerate business performance using Equinix interconnection platform
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and LONDON, Jan. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced global financial cloud infrastructure provider, Beeks Financial Cloud, has deployed on Equinix's Cloud Exchange as it continues to expand its business globally.
Beeks Financial Cloud leverages Cloud Exchange and Platform Equinix™ to connect its customers to global cloud services and networks via a secure, private and low-latency interconnection model. By joining the Equinix Cloud Exchange, Beeks Financial Cloud gains access to instantly connect to multiple cloud service providers (CSPs) in 21 markets, build a more secure application environment and reduce the total cost of private network connectivity to CSPs for its customers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Today, banks, brokers, forex companies and professional traders are increasingly relying on high-speed, secure and low-latency connections for more efficient business transactions, as demand for data centers and colocation services in the cloud, enterprise and financial services sector continues to grow. According to a July 2016 report by Gartner – Colocation-Based Interconnection Will Serve as the 'Glue' for Advanced Digital Business Applications – digital business is "enabled and enhanced through high-speed, secure, low-latency communication among enterprise assets, cloud resources, and an ecosystem of service providers and peers. Architects and IT leaders must consider carrier-neutral data center interconnection as a digital business enabler."
- Beeks Financial Cloud, a UK-based company, first deployed in an Equinix London data center four years ago on one server rack, now has approximately 80 interconnections within Equinix across eight data centers situated in financial business hubs around the world. These direct connections provide increased performance and security between Beeks and its customers and partners across its digital supply chain. Beeks was the first provider in the world to use cross connects to ensure a retail trader customer had a direct connection to their broker.
- Beeks' new deployment in Equinix's Cloud Exchange provides the necessary digital infrastructure and access to a mature financial services business ecosystem to connect with major financial services providers in key markets around the globe via the cloud. Equinix's global data centers are home to 1,000+ financial services companies and the world's largest multi-asset class electronic trading ecosystem— interconnected execution venues and trading platforms, market data vendors, service providers, and buy-side and sell-side firms.
- Equinix's Cloud Exchange offers software-defined direct connections to multiple CSPs including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute and Office 365, IBM Softlayer, Oracle Cloud and others. This has allowed Beeks to scale up rapidly while securely connecting to multiple cloud providers.
- Beeks Financial Cloud has continued to expand its business on Equinix's global interconnection platform of 146 International Business Exchanges™ (IBX®) in 40 markets across the globe. Beeks is currently deployed in Equinix's International Business Exchanges™ (IBX®) in London, New York, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Chicago, and most recently, Hong Kong.
- The move to Equinix's Cloud Exchange is expected to help save approximately £1M over the next 3 years, while enabling Beeks Financial Cloud to meet the needs of its global customer base who thrive and grow through forex trading.
- London is a key player in the global digital economy, with the fifth largest GDP by metropolitan area in the world. Equinix's flagship London data center based in Slough (LD6) is one of the fastest-growing in the UK and has been established as a hub for businesses to interconnect in a secure colocation environment.
- Gordon McArthur, CEO, Beeks Financial Cloud:
"Beeks Financial Cloud has continued to grow rapidly on Equinix's interconnection platform, with Hong Kong being our eighth addition. Data centers underpin our business and we are confident that Equinix's Cloud Exchange will enable the speed, resilience and reduced latency our customers have come to expect from our company. Equinix's global footprint of interconnected data centers has allowed our business to really thrive."
- James Eibisch, research director, EMEA Telecoms and Networking, IDC:
“We see the global demand for data centre colocation being largely driven by cloud adoption. That, coupled with the expanded reach of Equinix’s global interconnection platform, is a compelling offering for businesses such as Beeks that require connectivity and access to new markets to meet business demand. According to IDC research, 76% of European companies are interested in a cloud interconnect solution, either to improve their public cloud experience or to help them build hybrid cloud environments.”
- Russell Poole, managing director UK, Equinix:
"We're seeing an increasing number of customers leverage our interconnection platform to expand their businesses globally. The rapid growth of the cloud industry is driving activity in all business sectors including financial services – we are seeing more businesses partner with us to host their critical financial infrastructures off-premise in our data centers in order to get the best out of the cloud. On Equinix Cloud Exchange, we are confident Beeks Financial Cloud will continue to accelerate its growth and move quickly into new markets."
- How Interconnected Clouds Can Boost Your Performance for Less Cost [blog]
- Equinix Invests $42M in London Data Center Expansion [press release]
- Cloud Exchange for Enterprise [video]
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centres. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centres and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centres; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Press Contacts: Liam Rose (EMEA), +44 (0) 207 618 9602, email@example.com or APCO Worldwide for Equinix, +44 (0) 207 526 3600, firstname.lastname@example.org; Equinix Investor Relations Contacts: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com or Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, firstname.lastname@example.org