May 5, 2019
AWS Direct Connect Service Now Available at Equinix in Hong Kong
Region-wide availability accelerates hybrid cloud and digital transformation journeys
HONG KONG – May 6, 2019 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the immediate availability of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect cloud service in its Hong Kong International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers. With the addition of Hong Kong, Equinix offers region-wide availability for AWS Direct Connect helping to propel hybrid cloud development and accelerate digital transformation in Asia-Pacific.
Cloud computing is top priority for companies in Hong Kong. According to the IT Trends Report 2018: The Intersection of Hype and Performance, 63% of Hong Kong IT professionals indicate that cloud/hybrid IT is the most important technology to their organization’s IT strategy. By offering AWS Direct Connect to businesses in Hong Kong, Equinix and AWS are allowing enterprises to advance their hybrid cloud strategies by seamlessly and safely incorporating cloud services into their existing architectures.
- The Equinix Hong Kong campus consists of five data centers comprising more than 26,500 square meters (approximately 288,000 square feet) of colocation space, hosting more than 505 companies across multiple industries. Equinix customers, both in Hong Kong and throughout the world, can interconnect directly to other customers and partners in their digital supply chain, including dense ecosystems of more than 140 financial enterprises, over 80 global networks, as well as more than 125 IT and cloud service providers.
- Equinix offers dedicated access to AWS Direct Connect to allow customers to establish a secure connection between their network and AWS. With this, Equinix customers can take advantage of:
- Predictable performance and user experience with dedicated, low-latency, high bandwidth direct connections to AWS
- Enhanced compliance by connecting privately to AWS and keeping data within region, without going over the public internet
- Hybrid cloud enablement that allows enterprises to maintain private clouds and manage sensitive data within Equinix IBX data centers in proximity to AWS, while taking advantage of its flexibility, scalability and cost-savings benefits
- Equinix deploys more AWS Direct Connect onramps than any other data center provider. Today, AWS Direct Connect is available to customers in Equinix IBX data centers across 27 strategic markets including Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, GovCloud, Helsinki, Los Angeles, London (London region and Dublin region), Madrid, Manchester, Miami, Munich, New York, Osaka, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Warsaw, and Washington, D.C.
- Kaushik Joshi, Global Managing Director, Strategic Alliances, Equinix
“Amazon Web Services continues to be a dominant player in today’s cloud infrastructure services space and we are delighted to expand our relationship with them. Since 2016 we have seen a 350% increase in customer connections to AWS via Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric, highlighting the significant adoption of cloud services that can offer cost and application performance benefits. It is a point of pride that we offer the most AWS Direct Connect onramps among our data center peers.”
- AWS Web Services with Equinix [website]
- Equinix AWS Direct Connect Infographic [website]
- Equinix Data Centers in Hong Kong [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. On this global platform for digital business, companies come together across more than 50 markets on five continents to reach everywhere, interconnect everyone and integrate everything they need to create their digital futures. Equinix.hk.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Media Contact (Asia-Pacific)
+852 2970 7761
Media Contact (Hong Kong)
+852 3944 5015